The Relationship between Martin Bauer (Germany) and Krasnogorsk-leksredstva(Russia)
The opening of the borders to Eastern Europe in 1989 represented, in every respect, a strategic opportunity to probe the new markets in order to be able to develop them in the years to come. It took many trips before contacts could be established with the relevant companies. The company that dominated the market in the area of medicinal teas was and is Krasnogorskleksredstva (KLS), located on the outskirts of Moscow. A first personal meeting took place between then CEO (General Manager) Viktor Novikov and Adolf Wedel in the summer of 1990. A multi-faceted cooperation ensued and in 1995 the privatization of the company was completed, but only after a nerve-racking legalistic struggle. At that time KLS was thoroughly renovated and investments were made. It was Mr. Günther Thyroff of Martin Bauer who very energetically pushed these activities through. In those years he spent considerable time in Krasnogorsk.
2) 1990: office building
3) 2003: finished goods store
4) 2011: new production and packaging center
Krasnogorskleksredstva's cooperation with Martin Bauer has turned it into a successful company, with high productivity and superior quality.
Martin Bauer's commitment to cultural and and social issues show that the company is not exclusively interested in economic aspects. This is the reason why - in 1996 - the budding partnership between Gymnasium Höchstadt a. d. Aisch and Opalicha near Krasnogorsk was supported and continues to be developed further. The school partnership has now, years later, become the foundation for a city twinning between the cities of Höchstadt a. d. Aisch and Krasnogorsk, which was officially sealed as part of of Höchstadt's 1000-year-festivities.