Gymnasium Höchstadt - Gymnasium Opalicha
Germany - Russia
School RelationshipThe Opalicha / Krasnogorsk Gymnasium's wish for contacts reached the principal of Gymnasium Höchstadt via Martin Bauer Company (Krasnogork, Moscow Region, and Vestenbergsgreuth). A meeting was convened, with General Manager Adolf Wedel and Günther Thyroff, in charge of business activities in Russia, representing the Martin Bauer Company, when the feasability of a relationship between the two schools was studied.
In March 1996 teachers Hans Hagen and Klaus Strienz made an exploratory trip to Krasnogorsk in order to gain a first-hand impression of the Russian school and the general setup. Their report painted a very positive picture. It was soon realized that the relationship would have to concentrate - next to the level of personal interaction- on the experiencing of a society going through a time of economic and political upheaval and on the political aspects of this transition period.
In the same year of 1996 a group of German students led by Edith Degenhardt and Hans Hagen traveled to Russia.
- 2017 Barbara Popov, Kristin Gediga, Anja Baumann
- 2016 Erek Mennecke, Barbara Popov, Sibylle Menzel
- 2015 Erek Mennecke, Frank Munique, Sibylle Menzel
- 2014 Daniel Geiger, Marina Holler, Anja Baumann
- 2013 Daniel Geiger, Erek Mennecke
- 2012 Sibylle Menzel, Erek Mennecke, Angela Mader-Neubauer
- 2011 Anja Baumann, Michael Schwägerl, Wolfgang Cayé
- 2010 Tatjana Finkenzeller, Erek Mennecke, Ulrich Günther, Klaus Strienz
- 2009 Sibylle Menzel, Erek Menneke, Michael Schwägerl
- 2008 Sibylle Menzel, Hans Hagen, Roland Grebner
- 2007 Sibylle Menzel, Katrin Wacker, Michael Schwägerl
- 2006 Anja Baumann, Klaus Strienz
- 2005 Sibylle Menzel, Hans Hagen, Michael Schwägerl
- 2004 Gabriele Waskey, Klaus Strienz
- 2003 Christine Ortwein, Eberhard Harpf
- 2002 Christiana May-David, Pfarrer Kilian Kemmer
- 2001 Sibylle Menzel, Hans Hagen, Pfarrer Bernhard Christian
- 2000 Gaby Waskey, Anja Baumann, Klaus Strienz
- 1999 Sibylle Menzel, Helene Hummel, Edward König
- 1998 Christiane May-David, Hans Hagen, Pfarrer Kilian Kemmer
- 1997 Katharina Seuring, Klaus Strienz
- 1996 Edith Degenhardt, Hans Hagen
Citizens from Hoechstadt and studens of Hoechstadt Gymnasium in front of a monument for the cosmonaut Gagarin (April 1961 first space flight aroung the earth) (6-2004)
Twinning of Gymnasium Opalicha and Gymnasium Hoechstadt: students and teachers on the territory of Martin Bauer-Tea Factory in Krasnogorsk
Looking back one can say that the essential objectives of the exchange, as listed above, have been met. Even though it is true that each group necessarily makes its own experiences and gains its own insights, it affords great pleasure and satisfaction to the two original explorers of the year 1996 to hear practically every one of the former travellers to Russia say, after graduation, that they considered the week in Krasnogorsk as the best field trip of their school years.
Hans Hagen and Klaus Strienz